Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh I am so Frugal

So the mojo marinated chicken that I proved to be more than I could eat myself. I'd been reading 'The Simple Dollar' and found an article on using the whole chicken. Embracing this philosophy I cubed up the remain chicken and froze it in small one cup portions. The bones and skin I threw in a crock pot and boiled with water carrots, celery, turnips and parsnips till it made a nice chicken broth. As the water was drawing out the goodies from what was left of my amazing mojo chicken I dug through my fridge trying to use up some aging groceries for dinner. I decided to make a pizza since that traditionally is the place all good left overs should go.


I mixed up some feta cheese with oregano and basil.


some of the bits of chicken that was left over got chopped up.


I had only one plum tomato left so that got sliced super thin.


Isn't it gorgeous? Nothing really beats making your own pizza crust. Not to knock the baboli premade crusts that my mom likes using. But this is way better. Just a little bit of planning and time to let it rise makes some of the best pizzas you can ever make. Don't miss out just because you're scared of yeast!


No comments:

Post a Comment